National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month
This year the SimplyHome team is proud to announce that we raised $1,765 during the annual Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's. This is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research. President Ronald Reagan designated November as National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month in 1983. November is also Family Caregivers Month. During the month, we want to help raise awareness for Alzheimer's and honor millions of caregivers.
In honor of November being National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month, we want to highlight a presentation recently done by SimplyHome and a local geriatric care manager, Amy Fowler. The presentation took place at the Alzheimer's Association's Regional Caregiver Education Conference in Arden, NC. The focus was on family awareness of both a care manager and technology to care for an aging loved one.
What is Residential Assistive Technology?
- A way to provide families with peace of mind as their loved ones age
- Another option for independent living
- Products and services that support basic activities of daily living and/or monitor safety
- One part of the “safety net” of care services
What solutions can residential assistive technology offer?
- Monitoring elopement, wandering, egress
- Supporting cooking safety
- Tracking sleep patterns
- Alerting to potential falls or mobility issues
- Reminders for home routines and activities
What is a Geriatric Care Manager?
- Social worker, nurse, gerontologist or other mental health care professional
- Specialized training, experience in the field, and familiarity with community resources
- Follows a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice developed by NAPGCM
- Hourly fee: $70-100
It was an honor to be a presenter at this year's conference and we look forward to providing families with more tools in the future. If you have any questions about solutions that are available, please contact us Toll Free at 877-684-3581.