SimplyHome collects some Personal Data from its Users through the SimplyHome marketing website, customer portals, and mobile applications.
Owner and Data Controller:
SimplyHome, LLC, 48 Fisk Drive, Arden, NC 28704, United States of America
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Owner phone number: 877-684-3581
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community at SimplyHome, LLC (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES SIMPLYHOME COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: As a vendor of technology and technology services, we collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register at the Sites or Apps, when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, and when you participate in activities on the Sites or Apps or otherwise contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, billing address, employer information, phone number, fax number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for SimplyHome Sites authentication and account access.
Payment Data: We collect data necessary to process your purchases and payments, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor (Stripe, Inc.) and you should review its privacy policies (found here: https://stripe.com/us/privacy) and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions about stored payment data.
Personal Data: We collect data through SimplyHome Services itself or through third parties necessary to provide contracted services. The data collected can include, but is not limited to, general activity data, body measurements & indexes, movement activity, food-related activity, sleeping activity, heart rate and other vital data, gender, date of birth, various types of Data such as information deemed necessary by our Customer Service team to provide better services to our clients, Cookies, Usage Data, email address, first name, last name, phone number, state, country, ZIP/Postal code, city, address, company name and website.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in the case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using SimplyHome Services.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by SimplyHome is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for SimplyHome to provide the services you have requested. In cases where SimplyHome specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free to not communicate this Data, without consequence to the availability or the functioning of the Service being provided.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through SimplyHome Services. Users confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information - such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics - is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like most businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected through our Apps
In Short: We may collect information regarding your geo-location, mobile device, push notifications, and when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
● Geo-location information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, in order to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permission, you may do so in your device’s settings.
● Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s Bluetooth wireless capabilities, SMS messaging, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings for our app.
● Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer, operating system, version information, and IP address).
● Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn off push notifications in your device’s settings.
● Opting out of any of the location services may affect or even impede the functionality of the App or Services you have requested.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
HOW DOES SIMPLYHOME USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
● To facilitate account creation and the log-in process with your Consent.
● To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by simply clicking unsubscribe on any such communication or by contacting SimplyHome. This, however, does not apply, whenever the process of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law.
● To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons, and/or possibly for Contractual reasons. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
● To fulfill and manage your orders for Contractual reasons. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges through the Sites or Apps.
● To post testimonials with your Consent. We post testimonials on our Sites or Apps that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, the location of the testimonial in question, and your contact information.
● Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests and/or location (and work with third parties who do so), and measure its effectiveness.
● Administer prize drawings and competitions for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to administer prize drawings and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
● Request feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites or Apps.
● To protect our Sites for Business Purposes and/or for Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
● To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual reasons.
● To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
● Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
● Viral Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
● Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery services, hosting services, and customer service and marketing services. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites or Apps, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activities. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
● Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
● Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
● With your consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
HOW LONG DOES SIMPLYHOME KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION PROTECTED?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Place of data processing
The Data is processed at SimplyHome’s operating locations and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOES SIMPLYHOME COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age except in cases of fulfilling contracted, legitimate business purposes where consent has first been given by a parent or other legal guardian.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected without such consent, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have unknowingly collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
● Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
● Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
● Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by SimplyHome, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
● Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
● Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, SimplyHome will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
● Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right to obtain the erasure of their Data from SimplyHome. Please note: In this circumstance, SimplyHome cannot guarantee the continuation of services provided by SimplyHome.
● Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
● Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority. If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in you account or terminate your account, you can:
● Contact us using the contact information provided in the next section.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites or Apps.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list - however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
● Contact us using the contact information provided in the next section.
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA SIMPLYHOME COLLECTS FROM ME?
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by SimplyHome, in Court, or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of SimplyHome Services or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that SimplyHome may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, SimplyHome Services and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with SimplyHome Services (System logs) and/or use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from SimplyHome at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
SimplyHome Services does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services that SimplyHome uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, SimplyHome shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through SimplyHome Services (or third-party services utilized by SimplyHome Services), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use SimplyHome Services, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using SimplyHome Services who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of SimplyHome Services. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of SimplyHome Services.
SimplyHome Services (or this Application)
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by SimplyHome Services as described in the terms of service, on this site, and in all applications and websites provided by SimplyHome.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in the User's device.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).