The SimplyHome Responder app makes it easy to manage teams and streamline client care, from any mobile device. Upon arrival at a location, staff can use the Responder app to check in to the location, document their visit, and follow a customized list of assigned tasks.
Who do we consider?
- Care organizations and home health providers who utilize staff in multiple locations
- Care organizations and home health providers who serve clients with chronic health issues or other issues that need to be monitored and checked on frequently
- Residential service providers who are seeking to streamline staffing patterns without sacrificing quality of care
What will we achieve?
- Verifying and documenting when staff arrive at a location
- Documenting staff’s completion of tasks at a location
- Proactive scheduling in response to client’s actual need for staff support
- Access to insight over time regarding staff tasks, client’s support needs, and staff reliability
- Reduction of onsite staffing for “just in case” situations
What technology do we use?
- SimplyHome Responder App (via Google Play) (via Apple Store)
- SimplyHome check-in points (Bluetooth beacons)
What rules can alert staff, family members, or the individuals themselves?
- When a scheduled check-in is completed, late, or rescheduled
- When scheduled tasks are completed or not
- When a scheduled check-in is completed off-site or in the wrong location
One Provider’s Story
Prior to using our SimplyHome Responder App, one New York provider kept track of staff visits to client residences with pen and paper. By using our app, staff members were able to record time-stamped check-ins to a geographical location and have immediate access to assigned tasks scheduled for that location and client (such as taking medications, preparing meals, or assisting with household tasks).
The provider received reports detailing staff check-ins (stamped with location, date, and time), allowing them to analyze peak hours and peak days of staff needs, whether each location was staffed sufficiently, and the timeliness (initial check-in and duration) of each staff visit. The reports enabled the provider to streamline their staffing schedules, promoting greater attention to clients and reducing stress and pressure on staff members.